Pages

Thursday, October 12, 2017

GIU Day 4, Challenges change you

It's day 4 of my Growing in Unity week with Unity stamps.
And I have yet another art journal page.


I used this color challenge as inspiration


I used a Burlap stencil and Old Paper distress ink for the background. Stamped the script stamp from the Hug stamp set. Used Tea Dye and Vintage Photo distress inks to darken the edges. And sprinkled water droplets. Then I used texture paste tinted with fired brick distress reinker and the Mini Brick stencil.

I stamped the leaves from Love never leaves in Orange Blossom archival ink and then heat embossed with Vintage Photo Distress embossing powder. I used dark green paint to stamp leaves from the Wildflowers & wings stamp set.

The sentiment is from You are important. I added a bit more darkness to the edges with Iced Coffee gelato.


Thanks for stopping by. See you again tomorrow.


Remember that I'll choose 2 random commenters from my posts this week to receive 25 random stamps from Unity. So comment every day here on my blog to maximize your chances to win.

16 comments:

GinaF said...

That is such a true saying! I really like these pages. The outdoorsy look and feel just made me feel comforted looking at it. Thank you for sharing this with us today.

Katy Fowler said...

Super pretty. I really like your journal pages.

Becca Yahrling said...

Very pretty! I love that gorgeous maple leaf.

Romaine said...

The bricks are so cool- talk about dimension!

Sharon Foulk said...

I love the colors and imagery in this art journal layout. Your backgrounds are especially lovely.

Brianna J said...

I like this layout. It feels chunky and the colors are perfect for autumn.

Denise Bryant said...

Pretty pages! Love the textures!

jules said...

Loving your journal pages❤️ And also a big fan of DD stamps!

Erica Bass said...

I love the texture on the bricks. The color palette is perfect.

Deborah Kaye said...

Fabulous pages! Love the autumn feel of them. Absolutely perfect.

Dorothy Green said...

Another wonderful art journal page! I really think I am going to have to try texture paste... your brick looks so cool!

stamping sue said...

you might be late but I am liking your journal layouts
stamping sue
stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com

Selena said...

I like the sentiment you used a lot! Very nice journal pages

Niece said...

I love these colors together. Great subtle texture to this layout. Love the sentiment too.

Unknown said...

I'm addicted to fall, and I'm loving the colors and textures of this one...not your mention the sentiment. So true.

Maura said...

Cool garden feel to your pages! The bricks look so dimensional! Thanks so much for sharing your awesome Not a Card project with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge! hugs, Maura